Monday, September 10, 2012

Deacon

Last night Cody was ordained as a deacon in our church. He is the youngest active deacon and I believe they said one of the youngest to be ordained. I was so proud of him as he took this step of faith. 
This is after the service.

Cody laughed at me when I leaned down and told him that I didn't plan on being in front of that church again until we had our children. I don't like eyes on me and the sanctuary was PACKED! We were there almost a year ago for our wedding and while there was a few more people at the wedding, I was so focused on Cody, I didn't pay attention to all the people. Last night I was fully aware and was nervous and so was Cody!

My parents, sister and grandparents made the trip over from Columbia to be there in support of Cody, and me :) Cody's parents were also there with his grandma and Uncle. We were so happy to have everyone together. We appreciate all the support we received. A lot of comments were made from the deacons as they prayed over Cody and me. We appreciated each one but I do believe my favorite came from my daddy and father in law. My father in law was at the front of the line and as he was hugging us/praying over us he said how thankful he was I came into Cody's life (along with a few other really sweet thoughts/prayers/words of encouragement). My daddy was near the back and he said how thankful he was that Cody came into Tater's life {my nickname from Daddy} (along with a few other really sweet thoughts/prayers/words of encouragement). I thought it was neat that two men who have influenced each of us so much had the same lines of thought :) 
Side note: our church had the deacons line up around the church and come and speak to Cody and me. Cody was seated in a chair and I had to stand behind him with my hands on his shoulder (his support they said) while everyone came up and said well wishes and prayed with him/us. Here are a few pictures with our families.




No comments:

Post a Comment