Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blessed

This has been on my brain lately. Blessed. How blessed have Cody and I been this year..How blessed I am..I can only give thanks to God for how blessed we are. 

It all started Dec 22, 2010. My boyfriend asked me to marry him. I was not only gaining a husband but guaranteeing my best friend would be beside me for the rest of my life. Cody and I have had our struggles over the years but we have both grown up and have had an amazing marriage so far :) 
The night he proposed.

Fast forward a few months to July 2011. I was offered a teaching position in a school that I (and my husband) attended growing up. Boy was I excited. My dream job. My primary school. School started on August 22 (here goes that 22 again) I had worked in the school a few months of the previous years and made friends. I was blessed to join these friends on a planning team. If it wasn't for my friends (planning team, grade level, school level) I wouldn't have made it. The first year is hard ask any teacher but the reward is I have 23 awesome 1st graders and a school full of people that rock. BOY DO I LOVE IT! Its an amazing job and my support system at NMBP is equally amazing. They are there to answer any question, offer support/advice and help me find something. They have guided me through every step of this year. I am so enjoying my classroom, students and family that I made at my job. This class will never be replaced because they are my first group and boy have them been great!

at my bridal shower from my team--just a few of my NMBP family


Fast forward to October 22 (that 22 again-10 months to the day Cody asked me to marry him), I married this amazing man....


This amazing man is my rock. He doesn't get me sometimes because lets face it. I am OCD about some things and completely laid back on others. I am moody. I am not the best cook or the best house keeper. BUT I am, a  good wife, friend and I make him laugh..so everything else will come :) This man has been in my life since I was in 3rd grade but started a more active role as my boyfriend when I was 15..He stayed there through all of high school and most of college..Who would have thought that we went from this..

to this (a few pounds/years later)...

Fast forward a few months-December 22 (one year since Cody proposed)..our offer was accepted on our house..OUR house?!? What?!? We are buying a house..a thousand things went through our brains. We were nervous it would fall through at the last minute and something would go wrong but God provided. We saved every penny we could and had enough to buy our dream home in February.

fast forward to May 5, 2012. I graduate with my masters in literacy..WHEW!
I do believe thats a wrap up of everything :)
....now this has been a blessed year..if this isn't I don't know what it would be...but for me I am thankful..to God for:

my dream job..our dream home..my amazing husband..our families and friends.. 
and our cat (cause who can resist this face)

So blessed for all that has been in the 2011-2012 year :)
Thank you to everyone who has been there and helped to get here!


No comments:

Post a Comment