Thursday, January 19, 2012

Harry Potter

I am a Disney girl through and through. 
I do not like Universal. 
I have been before and my favorite ride was Dr. Suess land (hey I am a teacher) and then the Shrek ride was pretty awesome too..well that was 4 or 5 years ago and I thought well lets give it another chance. Same feeling as before BUT I will say that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter literally MADE Universal/Islands of Adventure. It was awesome, amazing and so real life. Well as real life as a movie can get :)

I love to read. I have read all the Harry Potter books. Cody is a movie guru and has loved all the movies. As a matter of fact we watched the 7th one part 2 on Monday night! I literally felt on set or in the book (however you want to look at it). But back to the point with many pictures coming your way.
You can see Hogwarts in the distance.

As always, I loved Suess landing. It is so cool! We hung out here for awhile because Harry Potter was already full. You had to get a ticket (free) to go at a later time. It was only an hour and a half delay but boy were we ready to go in!


Cody and I got to the gate a few minutes early and got some pictures.


We waited in line for almost 2 hours to take the tour of the castle which includes a ride. The picture that we bought from the ride is included at the end of this...


Love both of these..

Afterwards, we went to try butter beer. We couldn't decide which one we wanted so we shared. After trying both, I liked both but I loved the frozen version. It tastes a lot like cream soda but more butterscotch.  Cody liked the frozen better also :)


After enjoying "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter", we were back to Islands of Adventure.

Cody rode the hulk. I cheered him on from the sidelines and got pictures. I am not a fan of roller coasters but rode some while in Orlando. I refused gently turned down my husband about getting on this one. It went upside down.. NO WAY! :)

On the way out, Cody found a wand. In Hogsmeade (back to Harry Potter), the line was over 40 people to get a wand. Then the shop that sold them (based on the movie) had over an hours wait just to get in..so Cody said we didn't have to wait but oh my goodness was he excited to find a wand at the front of the park. He directed traffic with it all the way back to disney :)

We went back to the hotel and got rested up, changed and were off to dinner. We enjoyed a nice, romantic dinner at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. Our food (we both got same thing) is shown in the last picture plus we both got desert. BTW side note about disney. If you go and stay on property, get the dining plan. Our bill at Narcoossee's took two of our table dining points each BUT our actual bill was almost $200 and boy was it the best meal we ever ate. We definitely have never ate like that and won't again anytime soon but the dining plan is the WAY to go when you are at disney. We enjoyed many great (average price haha) meals at Disney at no cost to us but the tip. Yes we payed for the plan and it averaged out to be a lot cheaper but don't ask me those numbers cause I don't know them haha

Back to dinner...as we were walking up to Narcoossee's (I hope I am spelling that correctly), the fireworks started going off at Magic Kingdom. We were able to watch them over the lake and got a great show!

A few of our cell pictures from our Harry Potter day :)

Only one day left to bore you with!

2 comments:

  1. So do you think my kids would like Universal? I went 12 years ago and really didn't like it. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then. I just didn't think it was as clean as the Disney parks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they would if they liked the Harry Potter stuff...otherwise its not worth the cost :)

    ReplyDelete