Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blog Love/Taboo

I started this blog journey back in March. At first, I had no clue what was going on. I won't say I know now what is going on but I enjoy it! I have recommended to everyone they should blog. Well my friend, Kurt, listened and started blogging. Kurt is one of those that knows a lot of random stuff that is really cool. He is a movie addict. He is a sports addict. He can fit in with the boys (my fiancé and him were friends growing up also) or he can understand where the girls are. I share all this because his blog is really cool. Here is the link: http://karolinakritic.blogspot.com/. Check it out and become a follower. Share some blog comment love with him! 

When he came over Monday to eat with Cody and me (Meredith was here also). We played Taboo. In case you missed the post on WILW, this is a really cool game! Taboo is where you have a timer, a beeper, a stack of cards and a tray. The timer gives each team an equal chance of time. Cody and I played against Meredith and Kurt. So, when I was using the stack of cards in the tray, Meredith was holding the beeper beside me. I held the beeper when she was using the cards with Kurt. Kurt held the beeper for Cody and Cody held the beeper for Kurt. The stack of cards at the top has a word that you are trying to get the other team mate to say but you are not allowed to use words underneath it to describe it. If you say it, the person uses the beeper and its time for next card. I went to Taboo's description to make sure I explained it right :) They said: The object of the game is for a player to have his/her partner(s) guess the word on his/her card without using the word itself or five additional words listed on the card.
The box is on left then the card example. The bottom is the tray to put the cards in and the beeper.


Meredith is in the left box playing
Cody and Kurt are in the right box

 Cody and I started out good but quickly lost to Meredith and Kurt. Since the 4 of us grew up together, we were using clues linking to our childhood, teen years or college time. If someone listened to our game, they would seriously be going huh?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment