Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10 Favorite Things

A few days ago Anna (A Pair of Kings) tagged me to post my 10 Favorite Things. 
So here it is... here are a few things you may or may not know about me..

#1: Cody and Coco
I know this is a well-known given fact. I couldn't have a 10 favorite things list and not include my future family :)
The first day I had Coco..Cody took a nap with her

Coco's first road trip to Cola in September 2009



Coco and Carson (my sister) Christmas  2009


Carson with Coco August 2010


Cody and Coco September 2010

#2:Family
The most important thing in my life that has made me the person I am is my Dad and Mom. I couldn't have two better role models in my life. My 11 year old sister is also inspirational to me. My family has been there for me no matter what and supported me through every part of my life. The first person I want to share my joys with in my life is my parents (and Cody)! I included pictures of my family :)
Findlay Family at my graduation in 2009


Disney 2009


Disney 2009


My 21st birthday
My 2 grandmas-Dad's mom and Mom's mom


My 21st birthday-My 2 grandpas
Mom's dad and Dad's dad


August 2008 on the way back from Cherokee, NC


Nana, Carson and me


Grampy, Carson and me :)


Nana, Carson, Mom and me


My Daddy :)


Grampy with his 2 favorite girls :)

#3: Friends

Hollis and me (we are constantly mistaken as sisters/twins) Love her!

At a friends wedding in college-Hollis, Allison, me, Meagan, and Jessica


Meredith-friends since we were 2 :)


Alana, Hollis, me and Amanda


Allison, Alana, Hayley, Dr. Jones, Lindsey and Bob
KDP induction in college


Graduation!!


Amanda (my college room mate and one of my best friends)


Ashley and me before her wedding in 2009


Jody and Jill with Cody and me


Jill and me last year on my birthday 


The Mullins crew(the pastor for mine and Cody's wedding and there family is a big part of our life) with me and Meredith


Meredith, me and Sissy-Afterschool crabbing adventure last summer


Halloween 2010


Me, Nillie and Sissy-the original Afterschool teachers from when I started :)


Cody and me at Hayley and KC's wedding


Anna, Mrs. Allen and me for the Royal Wedding


Made some new friends working at NMBP: Anna King, Kristin Todd and Tina Matthews

#4: Pictures
After seeing all the pictures from my family and friends, I guess you understand why pictures make my 10 favorite things. Over the years its been a running joke with my friends that you can always tell when I was somewhere because there are plenty of pictures to show it. I enjoy taking pictures and having pictures to document everything. I had stopped taking as many pictures the past few months because my life had become "dull." Well boy have I disproved that theory in 2011! My life has been such an adventure this year (and its only just May) and I have surely enjoyed having the pictures to document it as well as this blog to share with my friends and family.


The wedding obviously has been the most stressful exciting thing going on. I still enjoying looking at our engagement pictures. 



#5: Reading
I love reading. It is one of my favorite things to do and boy have I missed reading books this semester. When I am stressed, I grab a book. A trick I have learned in graduate school is not to start a book or my school work gets pushed aside. So during the semester I don't "allow" myself to read. I have already finished almost 2 books in less than a week :)


The books:


One of my favorite reads from college-wanted to reread before the movie was released last week


My favorite books are: the Twilight series and anything by Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson.

#6: Brain Games
I LOVE games that make me think. Sudoku, Scrabble, solitaire, angry birds and puzzles are just a few of my favorites!






#7: Learning How to...
I am big about learning how to do things. I love someone to teach me, show me or tell me but I also LOVE to figure it out on my own. The blog concept was new for me and I still have to ask questions of co-workers or just play around until I figure it out but it is so much fun to play until I get it!

#8: DVR
My DVR is my saving grace! I hate watching commercials. I love catching up on my shows and sometimes its just not possible to watch it live. Right now my box is full with shows that I love or that Cody and I love watching together. Some of our favorites to watch together are: Glee, American Idol, NCIS: LA, Vampire Diaries, CSI: Miami, Hawaii Five-0, and Big Bang Theory. My favorites are: Bethenny Ever After, Good Wife, One Tree Hill, Brothers and Sisters, Army Wives, and Grey' Anatomy. I just realized how sad my life is that I watch this many shows..hehe. As you can tell, skipping commercials comes in handy :) 

#9: Monogram
I have always loved my monogram
A card designed by http://www.TheLilyPad.us with my monogram.

I am really excited about my new monogram as well as our married monogram :)
Married initials :)


My future initials :)

#10: Thirty-one/Scentsy/Tastefully Simple
Last but certainly not least, I love these 3 companies. I have been a thirty-one consultant for 2 and a half years. I have throughly enjoyed not only the product but the people that I have met through it. I have almost qualified to earn a $1000 best buy card. I can't wait to stock our future house with this gift card all thanks to thirty-one :) Not only do I love the products and people but I love the foundation of thirty-one. It is based on proverbs 31 in the bible. At conference last year, we had group prayer and scripture was read at some of our meetings. Its really great to have a job where I get paid, earn free stuff, and am allowed to grow my faith and show it freely :)
These pictures are at conference last year:
One of the best things from thirty-one: my friendship with Patsy (and roomie from Conference) :)


Me with my goodies!


Our luggage on way out..haha


Waiting to see the fall 2010 products!


Scentsy and tastefully simple are two of my other favorite direct selling products. My friend Anissa that I met through thirty-one sells Scentsy and boy did she hook me! There products are amazing and smell soooo good! Check out her website: www.scentsy.com/anissaknight71


Tastefully Simple is another company I love because how amazing the food is and how easy it is! I met a fab director by the name of Alexandria Cowell. I highly recommend all the products that tastefully simple offers. Check out her website at:  www.tastefullysimple.com


I hope you enjoyed getting to know me better :) Sorry for the book of info!!


No comments:

Post a Comment