Monday, June 6, 2011

Marriage Counseling :)

Tonight when I got off work, Cody and Rusty (our Pastor for the wedding and a great family friend) were waiting on me. Rusty and his family are down visiting this week in Myrtle Beach. They now live in Virginia (read blog post yesterday for more info). He wanted to do our first marriage counseling session. We got advice on the 3 F's (fidelity, finance, and fighting) and suggestions/tips. Rusty and his wife, Jennifer, have been important in not only my life but my walk with Christ. This is not only speaking for me  but also for Cody. Our parents by all means have been our greatest influences but from an outside perspective, Jenn and Rusty have both been an inspiration. When Cody and I began talking about getting married I had no question on WHO would marry us :)

This is a much better pic of Rusty with us :)

Now enjoying listening to Cody play the guitar. He has just started playing again because he moved his guitar here. I have missed him playing. When we first started dating in 2002 he used to write songs to me and play all the time on his parents front porch. I was happy for him to leave his guitar here. I love listening to him play :)

Enjoy your evening!

1 comment:

  1. I loved having our pre-marital counseling with our Pastor. We learned so much and years later it has come to help us through disagreements or other struggles, I'm so thankful we did it.

    ReplyDelete