Friday, July 29, 2011

Goodbye

Today, was my last day at First Baptist. While I am extremely excited (words cannot express how happy I am) to start teaching, I was not prepared to say good bye to my kiddos. Yesterday was hard. Today was hard. Boy do I love those stinkers! Please do not misunderstand-my dream is coming true. I am a teacher. 

The day started out like any other Friday. I had a countdown to 5:30 because my grandparents (mom's parents) were coming into town and taking Cody and me to dinner at Bonefish to celebrate all the big changes. My grandma's birthday is also tomorrow and I have my very first bridal shower tomorrow. Sorry, I digress. I was excited that it was Friday but dreading saying good bye (I am not good at good byes). So, its starting out like any other on the playground and morning snack. 

We had a photo session in between.




Then I go to lunch (which I must admit was with a very handsome man, he looks like this:
he also happens to be mine :) makes him even more handsome!

Then, we fed the kids lunch and had quiet time. (Bare with me, I have a point for the step by step.) 
Some of the kids fell asleep today
We normally have snack around 3:30 during the summer. Sissy came upstairs (she was on "break" setting up the party) to tell me to bring the kids down for snack at 2:30. I knew something was up. Boy was I surprised! I walked into a surprise good bye party from the whole center. I was so excited and shocked to be greeted by all the kids. The 3's and 4's with teachers were there as well as the director and Asst. director. Sissy ordered me my favorite cake from Cakes by the Sea (chocolate with peanut butter filling) that was zebra! Enjoy the pictures because it was a great surprise! I love my CDC family!
The director hugging me and my cake in the bottom corner


My after school kids that were there today! Love these kiddos!




Thank you is not enough for my kids, parents and coworkers. Its been a great two years!

1 comment:

  1. Yay... what a great last day! And goodness... chocolate and peanut butter cake, come on! Just that is amazing enough ;)

    ReplyDelete